Massage chairs are great for optimal relaxation and soothing the body, but purchasing one can be quite expensive. There are a variety you can choose from depending on your preferences in features, and the specific areas of your body that need massage relief. Owning your own massage chair can save you the repetitive, costly trip to the masseuse. Whether you’re looking for something simple for your back, or a luxurious wholebody massage chair with advanced technology and high end features, there’s something for you. If you’re looking to learn more about what features are best, or simply wondering how much a decent massage chair costs, our guide can help you find the right chair for you.
HOW MUCH DOES A MASSAGE CHAIR COST?
Massage chairs typically range in price from moderate to expensive. The price is dependent on the style and features of the chair. A simple office massage chair is an affordable option; however, these types of chairs usually only come with a vibrating feature that won’t bring the complete relief your body really needs. If you’re looking for the ultimate massage chair to do “the works,” consider investing in a fully loaded, top quality one with high end features.
- Office massage chairs ($65-$200)
- Electric recliner full body massage chairs ($600 and up)
- Full body massage chairs with multiple features ($800-$1000+)
- High end massage chairs with the latest massage technology and advanced functions ($3000-$6000)
Though the highly rated chairs are expensive, they are a very wise investment for those who regularly get professional help to relieve body aches and pains. The home robotic massage compliments the work being done by a professional massage therapist. If you don’t like the way the chair functions or if it breaks, you won’t have to worry as many of them come with a factory warranty of up to 3 years. With that said, massage chairs are ideally risk-free in purchasing and trying out!
WHY IS HAVING YOUR OWN MASSAGE CHAIR WORTH IT?
The upfront costs of a quality massage chair can be fairly pricey. Over time, however, you will see the return on investment as you are actually saving valuable time money using your at-home chair rather than traveling to and paying for multiple body massages at the masseuse.
A massage session can cost you $60-$200 per session for 60 minutes on average, depending on the length and type of massage it is. There can be add-on fees as well, depending on the vicinity, products used, if you want hot stones, and so on. These add-ons can add up to an extra $100+ per session, making the one-time price of a massaging chair worth the cost in the long run.
Having unlimited access to a massage chair can be your saving grace when you’re experiencing major body pains in that can’t be remedied with rest, icy patches, or hot compresses. Owning a massage chair at home is extremely convenient, as it saves you the time and trouble of going to and from the masseuse. This is especially important for those who aren’t as mobile and/or need assistance with transportation. You can get a custom massage and instant relief and relaxation in your own time, in the comfort of your own home, as many times as you wish!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING A MASSAGE CHAIR?
In addition to saving money and the convenience of immediate accessibility, massage chairs can provide overall great health and lifestyle benefits. Massage therapy has proven to positively affect physical, emotional, and mental health. Massages can help to relieve muscle aches and tension, joint pain, reduce fatigue, relax the mind, and more. Massaging chairs can also be very beneficial for older people, especially those experiencing arthritis and joint pain. In general, people who perform heavy lifting or extensive manual labor tasks at their jobs can benefit from owning a massage chair.
Having a masseuse in full control of your massage can sometimes be a good or bad experience, but with your own chair, you are in control of your massage — the length, the massage style, the positioning, the heat, and whatever else your massage chair features allow. Many full body massage chairs come with adjustable settings, allowing you to customize each massage session to suits your needs.
WHAT FEATURES ARE IMPORTANT TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING A MASSAGE CHAIR?
The price and type of manufacturer’s warranty are two big factors to consider when buying a massage chair. Another important thing to take into account are the dimensions of the chair. Will the chair be suitable for the space you’re planning to put it in? Does the chair fit your body type properly? You definitely want to ensure that the size of the chair and its design is the correct fit for you and your living area. It may be worth it to look into some high end chairs that come with space saving technology.
Choosing the right upholstery and material is also important. While most massage chairs come in leather, a good amount of them are made with synthetic material, which better withstands the wear and tear that can come from the constant kneading and heat therapy.
If you have a physically demanding job or suffer from chronic back pain or joint pain, then you’ll want to select a wholebody massage chair with multiple features. Many massaging chairs come with basic vibration and kneading features, but the top quality, high end ones come with a plethora of functions such as:
- Massage Techniques and Styles – Such as kneading, rolling, shiatsu, tapping, reflexology, etc.
- Massage Intensity (strength) and Speed – Allows you to further customize and receive the right massage to fit your needs
- Built in Auto Programs – Pre-programmed massages to target specific issues and areas of the body
- Massage Techniques and Styles – Such as kneading, rolling, shiatsu, tapping, etc.Infrared Heat – Helps to further relieve muscle tension
- Rollers – Consider the range of the roller track (typically down the spine/back), as well as the size of the rollers. You may need a chair with rollers that go beyond the lower back (neck, hips, etc)Airbags – Provide extra muscle relief, helps increase circulation
- Airbags – Provide extra muscle relief, helps increase circulation
- Recline/Positioning – Some chairs have reclining features to help heighten the massage experience. Zero-gravity positioning, for example, takes pressure off the spine
- Additional massage features (Leg/Arm/Head) – Ideal for those who need extra relief in these problem areas